Jákvæðni, neikvæðni og raunsæi
Frábær tíu mínútna ræða um jákvæðni, neikvæðni og raunsæi. Tengt við hrunið, Leyndarmálið, Bush yngri og fleira. Afskaplega margir fínir punktar í þessu stutta myndbandi.
(Séð hjá PZ Myers)
Frábær athugasemd hjá PZ Myers.
Positive thinking is one of the great cons.
- There's just a tiny grain of truth in it, namely that negative thinking sometimes promotes failure. That's enough for 'plausibility' in the mind of the critically illiterate.
- It doesn't require adherence to any belief system, except a single piece of magical thinking.
- It makes vast but vague promises - "Whatever you want, you'll get".
- It can be credited as the source of any and all successes, so is wide open for confirmation bias.
- The poor can be conned and subdued by giving hectoring 'advice', the rich by charging for courses to do the same thing.
- It puts the onus of action entirely on the dupe - the promoter doesn't need to do anything except talk.
- It enables you to blame the victim when it fails - if someone fails, it's because they weren't positive enough. More than that, it makes the victim blame themselves. That's genius.
Yes! Nú kemur ný glæra í prestaskólaríkisins: Matti dreyfir klámi!
Frábært vídeó annars.. hjá Barbara Ehrenreich en ekki klámið.
Kommon, ég var í prófi :-)